Vancouver, BC

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Location: Stanley Park, British Columbia | Jumpsuit: H&M | Sandals: Spring
Last summer, my family and I had the opportunity to go to Vancouver for my cousin's wedding and it was then that I realized it was possible to fall in love with a city over the span of only 8 days. There's something about bringing the entirety of one side of my family from Winnipeg across the country to Vancouver that filled me with so much excitement. It was the first time we'd all travelled somewhere together and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. From the amazing restaurants to spending time with my cousins that I had last seen when I was only 6, I can confidently say I love Vancouver.
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
If there's one thing this city has, it's the views. From the plane to the airbnb we stayed at, you know you've left the prairies when all you see are these beautiful mountains capped with snow everywhere you look. I never used to understand how people could be so obsessed with having a view, until we went to a Superstore and the backdrop was mountains. Who wouldn't want to live in a city where their Superstore view is mountains? Also, our view from right outside our airbnb was the most amazing thing I could ever imagine waking up to. Just writing about this makes me miss our mornings there.

Location: University of British Columbia | Blouse: H&M | Skirt: F21 | Sandals: Spring | Bag: Urban Outfitters
Location: Stanley Park, British Columbia | Food: Absolutely Delicious
The food. Oh my god the food. The first thing we did when we got to Vancouver? We ate. You know how I said that food was another thing I spent most of my money on? Yeah. I love food. In the 8 days I was there, I never once had a bad meal. I was fortunate enough to be blessed with a Nandos, which made my 16 year old self oh so very happy, Captain's Boil, which we have in Winnipeg now, and Japadog not only once, but twice in the time we were there. If there were three places I could recommend to try out it would be those, and I'm gonna stop talking about food now because I'm simultaneously now starving and drooling at the same time.

Location: Washington, United States of America



Jamie | Jessica | Annika | #2017cheric



Location: Abbotsford International Airport, British Columbia
Before the trip, I had planned to document each outfit I wore in the time I was there, but it gets difficult to aesthetically photograph them when your instagram husband is over 1000km away and you have to rely on the skills of your parents and cousins. I was able to capture my favourites anyways, so shoutout to you mom, dad, and Jamie. In the same art realm, I also set a goal for myself to document and compile a video of the trip, and so the videographer in me lives on and I was able to put together a video entirely shot on an iPhone.


This was a trip of a lifetime and I don't know why it's taken me so long to share it. If there's one thing I want to do more of it's travel, and I hope to put together more of these in the future. Until next time Vancouver!

Love always,
Annika xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Subscribe