that was a clothes one

Thursday, January 11, 2018


Happy New Year loves! Another year on this blog has come and gone and I feel like we need a little refresher.

I began this blog because I am passionate about two things: writing and fashion. Up until this point, you guys have seen the the deep philosophical part of me, because I know we're all people, we all go through shit, and I want to be the person that brings that to light and assures you that it's all going to be okay. That, and 2017 was the year of the most growth and learning I've had in a long time. But I thought that it would be time to bring you the fashion aspect of me, because if you know me, you know that all I spend my money on is clothes (and food, but that's besides the point).


As much as I may be studious, there's a creative side of me that becomes suppressed and it tends to come out in the form of how I dress, and when I write. Styling clothes, and putting together outfits to me is a form of art, and the satisfaction of pulling together a coordinated outfit that simultaneously looks bomb brings me happiness like nothing else. It makes me feel confident, and I know that even if I look like Steve Jobs (black turtlenecks are my signature), the click of the heels on my chelsea boots while I walk is all I need to feel like a badass mofo.

In this mini shoot, nothing I'm wearing is my own mostly because I showed up in a chunky sweater and leggings, so my lady had to rescue me and we swapped outfits (she dresses so well though, I'm so lucky). Her outfit on me consists of a white blouse with an abstract print of faces, washed black Levi's, and on my feet which you can't see I wore black perforated leather Vans. As accessories, over my shoulders is a coat from F21 and the glasses are from Urban Outfitters.

This post is one of many fashion posts considering one thing I take most pride in is how I dress, and hopefully some of you can take inspiration from it as well. If you like how I write though, that'll never go away, I have deep thoughts and borderline existential crisis' almost everyday (too much?)

Love always,
Annika xx

Photos shot and edited by: Van Bui
Location: 511 Hargrave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Subscribe