Press Record

Friday, July 28, 2017


Staying consistent with 2017 being the year of vulnerability (I'm lowkey impressing myself on how I manage to tie this topic in with everything I seem to write) one of the aspects of being vulnerable lies within the prospect of doing something new, that you've never fully immersed yourself in before. At the beginning of the year, that was publishing my thoughts out into the world for the public to read. Now, almost 7 months later, I've done the same thing again, except this time it's with cinematography.

Cinematography has been something I've always admired, and being an avid watcher of all things on YouTube, I've been inspired on and off by what people seem to create, capture, and put together so effortlessly. I began to dabble with it around this time last year, but considering I didn't even have the willpower to live back then, I couldn't be bothered to pursue the art anymore. It wasn't until this year, where things seemed to fall into place and I was able to immerse myself in it, and to actually pursue it again.

Thanks to Rona, and her ability to make me believe in myself with every word that she says, intentional or not, and the marketing company she's started with my cousin, I've allowed myself to start doing something I otherwise would have never thought of doing. In pursuing a career in the medical field, I feel like a majority of my life since high school has been full of learning, studying, and endless rote memorization, that I've suppressed the creative side that was within me ever since the days of elementary school. I love to create, I love to write, I love to design and it wasn't until this summer that I actually got the opportunity to do that. As a connoisseur for the aesthetics, I've never felt so artistically liberated in my life.

It is scary, doing something you don't know much about for a company that's important, but as Rona says, fear isn't real, it's something we make up in our heads. Part of being vulnerable is doing something that has no guarantee because that's what will make you happy, and this has made me so happy. At this point, I am by all means not a professional at what I do, but part of the fun of it is learning how to get better at it every step of the way. You'd think that being with a photographer you'd get the hang of being able to tell good lighting and angles, but the only thing I've seemed to mastered thus far is the art of carrying way too many cameras with me on a family trip.

Thank you Team Word of Mouth, for believing in me and for the support we all give each other on this road to making something extraordinary. I've found a love in videography that wouldn't have fully blossomed if it wasn't for you guys, and cheers to keeping me growing as a person this year. In honour of this, I was inspired to make a short clip on our family trip to the Pinawa Dam, make sure to give it a watch!


Love always,
Annika xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Subscribe